- Doctoral Student, Ph.D., Public Communication and Technology at Colorado State University, 2017-
- Co-Founder: Guiding Type. Digital Content Development / Online Marketing Company.
- Content Creator. Digital Media Consultant/Brand Strategist. Website Developer/Designer.
- Driven Storyteller/Writer. Screenplay. Novel. Poetry. Book on Art and Craft of Writing. Thoughts on Writing Blog. Columnist.
- Digital Media Publisher & Former Newspaper Reporter.
- Former Content/Marketing Director at Conundrum Press.
- M.S., New York University, Writing. B.S., Radford University, English.
- Work Resume | | | Author Resume
Stephen J. McConnell is an award-winning writer, former investigative news reporter, founder of Denver, Colorado-based content development/online marketing company Guiding Type, and former director of marketing and content for Golden, Colorado-based Conundrum Press. Stephen’s career in writing, marketing, content development, and online marketing has run the gamut from tweets to white papers to novels to poetry to screenplays and everything in between. His more than 2,000 articles, stories, blogs and other writings have appeared in numerous publications throughout the U.S. and internationally.
He was the publisher of an environmental news website that reached an international audience. He earned a master’s degree from New York University in writing in 2016 and a bachelor’s degree from Radford University in English in 2005. In 2016, he published an eBook on creative writing, In Search of You. Creative Writing: Journey, Style, Method. He has ghostwritten columns for organizations that were published in outlets with a national reach. He has also developed social marketing, digital marketing and content strategies for businesses to increase their revenue and project their brands to a wider audience.